I know, Italian style cooking two months in a row…
But we can sing the meatball song. “On top of spaghetti, all covered in cheese. I lost my poor meatball, when somebody sneezed. It rolled off the table, and onto the floor. And then my poor meatball, rolled right out the door”
Here is our recipe for the April 26th 英語でランチ. RSVP by April 24th, if you want to join in the fun!
– 2 cans of crushed tomatoes
– 200g crushed pineapple
– 1 medium onion, diced
– Worcestershire sauce
– Sugar (if desired)
– 250g minced beef and pork
– 1/2 medium minced onion
– 1 stalk minced celery
– 2 eggs, beaten
– 50g bread crumbs
– 2 tsps mixed herbs (oregano, rosemary etc)
– 1/2 tsp salt
– 400g pasta
1. Sauté onions in olive oil at a medium high heat, until they start to brown.
2. Add pineapple and cook until tender.
3. Add tomatoes and reduce heat.
4. Let simmer for 10 minutes.
5. Use a blender to make the sauce smooth
6. Add Worcestershire sauce and return to the low heat to simmer.
1. In a large bowl lightly mix minced meat, onion, celery, herbs and salt.
2. Add eggs and mix until slimy.
3. Add bread crumbs, mix lightly and start shaping into balls.
4. Roll each ball in flour.
5. Fry in a frying pan, then transfer one by one to the simmering tomato sauce.
1. Bring a large pot of salted water to a rolling boil.
2. Add pasta and cook until tender.
See you at lunch.