I know you have all been waiting, and this month we have got a great spring/summer recipe. One of my favorites as the romaine lettuce comes into season!
Let’s enjoy lunch, May 31st from 11-1 pm! RSVP if you want a seat!
Chicken Caesar Salad
Stale baguette, cubed
|1. Fry bacon until crispy, then remove from pan.
2. Add garlic butter to the pan and melt
3. Toss the bread cubes in the butter until well coated, then put in toaster until golden brown.
|Salad Dressing (per serving)
– 2 tbsp Mayonnaise
– 1/4 tsp diced garlic
– 1 tbsp olive oil
– White vinegar (or lemon juice)
– Pepper and salt to taste
|1. Mix all ingredients thoroughly in a bowl or bottle.
2. Refrigerate for 15-20 minutes
² You can use raw garlic or sauté the garlic in olive oil and use that for a milder dressing.
² You may want sugar if the lemon is too tart.
– 1/2 chicken breast per serving
– salt and pepper
– 1 lemon, juiced
|1. Slice chicken into thin strips
2. Dress the chicken strips with salt, pepper and a little olive oil
3. Fry in a pan until cooked, remove chicken to a serving bowl
4. Deglaze the pan with lemon juice
- Wash, dry and prepare salad leaves on a plate
- Add chicken, bacon and croutons on top
- Cover with desired amount of salad dressing
- Finish with your favourite cheese (parmesan, cheddar, feta are all great)