I’m glad the weather has cooled off a little. What a surprise having mid-30 degree weather in May. Hopefully it is not a sign of things to come. June is here. Ducklings, hydrangea and early summer heat. Let’s enjoy these comfortable days with a notebook and pen.
Keeping with last month’s style. I will offer 8 topics to choose from.
- Describe a dessert that was memorable.
- Describe a meal that was terrible, but memorable.
- Which do you prefer plants or animals?
- Which do you prefer walking, cycling or swimming?
- If you could live anywhere in the world (including within Japan) for one month, where would you live?
- If you could meet anyone in the world (living) who would you like to meet?
- What movie do you want to see these days?
- What book do you want to read these days?
So, I blinked and already 10 days of Reiwa has slipped by. How is the new era treating everyone? My hope for the newly enthroned emperor is that he continue in his father’s footsteps bringing unity and spreading the word of peace across Japan.
Now, time to get writing. Since we are a bit late starting this month, I will just provide 6 topics to choose from. Feel free to do as many as you like.
- What can we do at home to conserve water?
- When you travel away from home or overseas, what food do you miss the most?
- Imagine a world without garbage collection. How would it affect your life?
- Do you ever use coupons? When and where? Do you think coupons are a good way to attract customers?
- What is your favorite story for reading out loud?
- The spring Road Safety Week is starting May 11th. What are some areas of road safety that you believe can be improved?
Just one month left in the Heisei Era. It is a time of renewal and new beginnings. Why not begin by writing me a little letter?
Week 1: Your Heisei Memory
- What does the Heisei Era mean to you? How do you feel about the abdication of the emperor?
- Write about your hope for the new emperor.
Week 2: Music
- Can you play an instrument? Which one? When and how did you learn it?
- Would you like to play an instrument? Why or why not?
Week 3: Windy Weather
- Write about a windy spring memory.
Week 4: Vacation
- The long Golden Week is just around the corner. Do you have any holiday plans?
- What kind of vacation do you enjoy?