So, I blinked and already 10 days of Reiwa has slipped by. How is the new era treating everyone? My hope for the newly enthroned emperor is that he continue in his father’s footsteps bringing unity and spreading the word of peace across Japan.
Now, time to get writing. Since we are a bit late starting this month, I will just provide 6 topics to choose from. Feel free to do as many as you like.
- What can we do at home to conserve water?
- When you travel away from home or overseas, what food do you miss the most?
- Imagine a world without garbage collection. How would it affect your life?
- Do you ever use coupons? When and where? Do you think coupons are a good way to attract customers?
- What is your favorite story for reading out loud?
- The spring Road Safety Week is starting May 11th. What are some areas of road safety that you believe can be improved?
Just one month left in the Heisei Era. It is a time of renewal and new beginnings. Why not begin by writing me a little letter?
Week 1: Your Heisei Memory
- What does the Heisei Era mean to you? How do you feel about the abdication of the emperor?
- Write about your hope for the new emperor.
Week 2: Music
- Can you play an instrument? Which one? When and how did you learn it?
- Would you like to play an instrument? Why or why not?
Week 3: Windy Weather
- Write about a windy spring memory.
Week 4: Vacation
- The long Golden Week is just around the corner. Do you have any holiday plans?
- What kind of vacation do you enjoy?
What a beautiful day to start out this March! Let’s enjoy a little writing and lots of time outside this month.
- Do you think school uniforms are still an important part of Japanese education?
- Write about a memory of a school uniform. (wearing it yourself, or seeing it on someone else, etc.)
- When was the last time you sang out loud?
- Do you think there are any benefits to singing?
- The Momo Challenge. Did you hear about this news? Why do you think fake scare stories like this are easily spread from person to person?
- Do you like scary stories or movies? Why are horror movies/stories popular?
- Write about a spring vacation memory. It could be your own, a relatives or an imagined one.
- Write about a first day of —— memory. What happened on the first day of something new? (for example: school, living in a new house, being a mother or father, at a new job, owning a car or something)